In its 20th Anniversary year, Star Alliance has claimed the Best Airline Alliance title at the Skytrax World Airline Awards for the second year running. The Alliance’s prestigious Los Angeles Lounge also received the Best Airline Alliance Lounge Award for the third year in row.
Accepting the award at the Paris – Le Bourget Air Show, Jeffrey Goh, CEO Star Alliance said: “This is an important accolade to receive in our 20th Anniversary year. It once again shows that our investment into a modern IT infrastructure is paying off, enabling the more than 440,000 member airline employees to provide customers with an even better Alliance travel experience. Our IT hubs are the foundation which will allow us to use digital technology to offer a more individual and a better Alliance travel experience going forward.”
Star Alliance was the first airline alliance to receive the Best Alliance Award from Skytrax when the category was first introduced in 2005 and has since held the award eight times.
The World Airline Awards are managed by international air transport rating organisation, Skytrax Research of London, UK. The latest survey was conducted between August 2016 and May 2017, attracting 19.87 million eligible entries with participants from 105 nationalities. The survey covered over 325 airlines, from largest international airlines to smaller domestic carriers, measuring quality standards for 41 Key Performance Indicators across front-line product and service factors in the Airport and On-board environments.
Complementing the Alliance awards, 13 Star Alliance member carriers received distinctions in 26 individual categories, with four achieving top 10 rankings in the Top Airline Category: Singapore Airlines (2), ANA (3), EVA (6) and Lufthansa (7).
- Best Regional Airline in Europe
- Best Airline in North America
- World’s Best Airport Services
- Best Airline Staff in Asia
- Best Airline Staff in Europe
- Best Airline in South America
- Best Regional Airline in South America
- Best Airline in Central America / Caribbean
- Best Airline Staff in Central America
- Best Airline in Africa
- Best Business Class Comfort Amenities
- World’s Best Airline Cabin Cleanliness
- Best Airline in Europe
- Best Airline in Western Europe
- Best First Class Lounge Dining
- Best Airline in Asia
- Best Business Class Airline Seat
- Best Premium Economy Onboard Catering
South African Airways
- Best Airline Staff in Africa
- Best Economy Onboard Catering
- World’s Best Economy Class
- Best Airline Lounge Spa Facilities
- Best Airline in Southern Europe
- Best Business Class Onboard Catering
- World’s Best Business Class Airline Lounge
- Best Business Class Lounge Dining
Source: Star Alliance.