From next week Qantas will begin to implement its new and improved inflight entertainment program giving customers more choice and variety and more regular and in-depth news coverage as a result of its new partnership with Sky News, Foxtel and Fox Sports.
Qantas customers will be able to view a complete package of news, sport, entertainment and lifestyle programs with the partnership marking the start of a comprehensive transformation of Qantas’ inflight entertainment programming.
Qantas Group Executive, Brand Marketing and Corporate Affairs, Olivia Wirth said Qantas’ inflight entertainment was a defining feature of the on-board experience with the airline committed to investing and innovating for customers.
“From the latest in seat back technology to our Q streaming service, Qantas is working hard to deliver the luxury of home entertainment in the sky,” Ms Wirth said.
“By partnering with news and entertainment experts like Foxtel and Sky News we’re able to deliver a greater variety of premium content on a more regular basis, just as our customers would experience at home.
“This means multiple, daily news updates seven days a week, 100 hours more TV and movie content, 160 hours of box set viewing, triple the number of new release albums and double the number of blockbusters.”
Angelos Frangopoulos, CEO of Australian News Channel said Sky News was excited to be part of a new era for IFE across the Qantas network both in the air and on the ground.
“For the first time, the latest news will be delivered to Qantas aircraft across the day, 365 days a year.
“This is being made possible by our joint commitment to new digital technology which will stretch from seat back on aircraft to Qantas lounges across the world.”
Brian Walsh, Foxtel Executive Director of Television said Foxtel was delighted to partner with Qantas and be part of such an impressive in-flight entertainment service.
“Foxtel will present a broad range of popular local programming from our top-rating channels including Selling Houses Australia, Grand Designs Australia, Coast Australia and a variety of music and entertainment shows, giving Qantas customers an unmatched choice of content.”
Qantas is the only Australian airline to give its customers an inflight entertainment solution on every aircraft no matter what cabin they are travelling in.
New inflight entertainment features:
- More news – Qantas customers will enjoy multiple daily news bulletins on international and domestic flights seven days a week.
- More exposure – A new international Australian news service called Australia Channel will broadcast live to Qantas’ international network of lounges so customers returning home will be able to watch the latest news, sport and business updates from Australia. Domestic customers will also enjoy this service.
- More sport – Fox Sports content will be on offer for customers including highlights packages, interviews and documentaries.
- More variety – A Foxtel Picks channel will showcase a library of lifestyle, drama, food, sport and entertainment programming from the likes of The Lifestyle Channel, Fox8, Showcase, the History Channel and Comedy Channel.
- More content – Customers can expect more volume in popular categories including double the number of new releases and blockbusters, kid’s and drama content. Four times more business programming.
- More music – Customers can now listen to a greater selection of music with triple the number of albums added each quarter.
Qantas has also engaged Stellar Entertainment, a full-service content service provider, offering world-class IFE. The partnership has already seen Qantas double its number of new releases and blockbusters, adding 100 hours of additional content.